Swing in Rhythm is collaborating with Slowfeet Studio for some special weekends of Swing dance try-out lessons!
Adhering to RIVM guidelines and protocols, we have to register with a fixed partner. Read more below!
Curious about Swing dance or eager to explore different styles within
Swing? Join us for a workshop during the Swing Dance Rotterdam – Try
Out Weekends! This is a collaboration between dance schools Swing in Rhythm and
Slowfeet Studio. During a 1 hour workshop you learn the basics of your chosen dance and get a feel for the welcoming swing dance community. You can try out as
many dances as you like, and if you like them, you can join the main courses in September.
Dances you can try out:
The dance we call ‘Lindy Hop’ originated in the late 1920s and was an African American dance, from the ballrooms of Harlem. As jazz music grew and evolved, the African American community of Harlem, New York City danced to this music and this energetic, expressive dance was born. Lindy Hop takes inspiration from solo jazz dance, charleston and tap, and some of its key components are connection, musicality, and rhythmical variations.
This workshop will be taught by Swing in Rhythm.
Slow Bal is a swing dance to slow jazz music. It’s danced in a closed connection and is sometimes referred to as the tango of swing. It has quite a unique flow and is the most elegant of the different dances. This workshop will be taught by Slowfeet Studio.
During the Slow Swing workshop we take Lindy Hop as a basic and explore and implement different aspects of dancing to slow jazz music. Important elements are styling, playfulness, rhythm variations and working with different connections. This workshop will be taught by Slowfeet Studio. Lindy (Blue) experience is required.
* Location: Willem Buytewechstraat 34, Rotterdam
* The above swing dances are partnered dances, so please subscribe with a partner.
* Normally swing dance is a very social dance and in class we usually switch partners. However, due to the current RIVM Guidelines surrounding COVID 19, it's required that we do not switch partners during class.
* Costs: 10 euro per person per class, to be paid in advance.
* We will strictly follow RIVM guidelines during the classes, so please follow up on the instructions we provide you per email, so you know what the guidelines are and how you can follow them.
Friday 31 July
19.15 – 20.15 Lindy Hop
Sunday 23 August
13.30 – 14.30 Slow Bal
14.45 – 15.45 Slow Swing
16.00 – 17.00 Lindy Hop
Friday 28 August
19.15 – 20.15 Slow Bal
20.30 – 21.30 Lindy Hop
Saturday 29 August
15.00 – 16.00 Slow Swing
16.15 – 17.15 Lindy Hop
Sunday 30 August
15.00 – 16.00 Slow Bal
16.15 – 17.15 Lindy Hop